Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Beef

My Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Beef is delicious. It means something to me.

I like fruits in my food. I always order Pineapple with Beef, Mango with Beef and Lychee with Beef from a Malaysian restaurant not far from where I live. The sauce that they use to make this dish is sweet and spicy. I pay $9 including tips and tax for a lunch special. I think it is very expensive for the portion that I get, so I decided to try and make it myself. I wasn't sure if Lingham Hot Sauce is going to give me the same result. I wasn't sure if I get to share this with you here.

Guess what? It's delicious. I am glad I get to share with you!!!

What you need to make this dish:
Lingham Hot Sauce, 1 pound of thin sliced beef, pineapple (try not to use canned pineapple, the fresh one tastes much better), red bell pepper, minced garlic, cooking oil, water and spring onion.

Very simple steps:
1. Heat some cooking oil in a wok and then add minced garlic. Stir fry the garlic.
2. Add and stir fry the beef. Add a little water so the beef doesn't get dry.
3. Add 3-4 tablespoons of Lingham Hot Sauce. Continue stir fry. Don't overcook the beef as it will get tough. Alternatively, you can marinade the beef with the hot sauce and put in the fridge for about 30 minutes before cooking.
4. Add in the pineapple, red bell pepper and spring onion. Quickly stir fry, don't overcook.
5. Serve hot with steamed rice.

Suggestion: Instead of beef, you can make shrimps, squids and chicken too.

Lingham Hot Sauce has over 100 years of history. It can be used as table sauce, seafood cocktail sauce, marinade for meat and fish, spice up salad dressing, stir fry dishes... etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment