Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Assam Curry Fish Head with Okra (Lady's Fingers)


Delicious Curry Fish Head in less than 15 minutes!

I made this dish with the Salmon Fish Head that I bought from a Korean Supermarket. It is very fresh and it has a lot of meat.

I rubbed some salt over the fish head, left it for about 15 minutes and rinsed the salt off before cooking. The paste that I used is Tean’s Gourmet Malaysian Assam Fish Paste. You can also use ChanHong Instant Assam Curry Paste If you want dipping sauce for the fish and okra, I suggest Orchid Brand Soy Sauce.

See cooking instructions here and here.

I was supposed to cook the okra (lady's fingers) and tomatoes together with the fish head in the curry. I didn't do it this time because I wanted to take picture and I was afraid they didn't look as good if they were 'soaked' in the curry.

A waitress at a very popular Malaysian Restaurant in Chinatown always suggests me to mix Assam Curry and Curry with coconut when I order Curry Fish Head from them. It is a good idea. I also want to share a secret with you... the paste that you get from our site tastes better than the restaurant's quality.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment