Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Penang Prawn Noodle Soup (Hokkien Mee/Har Mee)

I grew up in Penang. I feel proud when people that are not from Penang tell me that they love Penang Prawn Noodle Soup. I remember Penang Prawn Noodle Soup (Hokkien Mee/Har Mee) always had the longest line at my school canteens and coffee shops. I wonder if it is still the same today.

It is not easy to cook a good Penang Prawn Noodle Soup from scratch. I heard my cousin can do it. The above noodle is cooked by him. I use the All-In-One Mixes to prepare my Penang Prawn Noodle Soup in less than 10 minutes. It is that simple and very delicious. I literally just add water, boil and serve. If you like, you can add a little bit of rock sugar in the soup. Don't forget to garnish some fried shallots when serve.

If you don't have 10 minutes to cook the soup with the All-In-One Mixes, you can cook a bowl of Penang Prawn Instant Noodles in 3 minutes. If you don't have 3 minutes, then I don't know what to say:) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment