Seafood Sambal Belacan Chili Fried Rice by Eunice Ooi:
This is Malaysia famous Sambal Belacan Chili Fried Rice. It's very easy to prepare.
1. Cooked rice (better if stayed overnight) - 1 cup
2. Shrimps & scallops - 10 pieces (optional)
3. Egg - 1 (optional)
4. Cucumber & Tomatoes - For decorations (optional)
5. Cooking Oil - 2 teaspoon
6. Cheong Kim Chuan Sambal Belacan Chili Paste - 1 teaspoon
7. Belacan - 1/2 teaspoon
8. Garlic Salt - 1 teaspoon (can be substitute with fresh garlic)
9. Light Soy Sauce - 1 teaspoon
1. Heat up pan or wok and add vegetable oil.
2. Add shrimps/scallops and stir fry until half cooked.
3. Add egg into the pan/wok. Stir fry until egg is done.
5. Add rice and garlic salt. If you choose to use fresh garlic, sautee the garlic first before you add rice. Add Light Soy Sauce and stir fry until it's fragrant.
6. Serve hot.